Volunteer your expertise
We want to build a community of experts who support people to achieve their highest potential and we’d love you to be part of that journey. Capacity offers a range of volunteer opportunities to fit your preferences, talents and availability.
Here are your options:
Support individuals undertaking entrepreneurship or employment activities! Guide talented people from around the world as they negotiate the legal aspects of setting up a company; help them to make life-choices such as whether to undertake further education/professional qualifications; and ensure that important documents such as project proposals, CVs and cover letters, etc. are well-written and likely to succeed.
Are you an expert in a given business topic? We are constantly looking for trainers on the fields marketing, goal-setting, networking, business model development, financial and legal advice and more. For just a few hours of work, supported by the Capacity team, these workshops provide bilingual practical support and training to ensure that our participants have the tools they need to run a successful business or social project.
Our graduates need ongoing business support.
Sharing thoughts on the challenges and opportunities in Switzerland. We are looking to build a community of experts who we can turn to when former and current participants and others ask us for support with specific topics.
- Work experience in Swiss Context (at least 2 years)
- Excellent German/English Language Proficiency
- Previous mentoring/training/coaching experience, ideally in an intercultural or business context
- Experience with start-ups and/or non-profit management
- Capacity to mentor someone for a minimum of 4 hours per month over a 7-month period
Please note: Application deadline to join our Capacity Programme for 2018 is March 31st, 2018.
At Capacity, we focus on supporting individuals to achieve their full personal and profession potential through entrepreneurship. Through the start-up programme, we provide each participant with a mentor who will help them to understand the basic concepts around Lean Start-Up Methods.
Our mentors are individuals with experience in Swiss businesses or start-ups contexts, often both in Switzerland and internationally, and with local networks that they will use to support their mentees.
Typically, a mentor will support a mentee on the following fronts:
- Ideation: mentors will support mentees to shape your idea into a realistic business model
- Administrative: mentors may help mentees understand forms (especially if mentee does not speak German and they do)
- Pitch: mentors typically support their mentees by co-developing a pitch and identify methods to approach potential partners and funders
- Resource allocation: A mentor may support a mentee in finding the necessary resources to test and launch the start-up idea
- Network: A mentor can help a mentee by building connections and a network within Zurich and beyond
- Learn from their mentee: Many of our mentors state that they also learn a lot from their mentees. Mentors will receive a comprehensive training on how to benefit and learn from their mentee’s wealth of experiences
A mentor will NOT:
- Become a business partner unless both parties are happy with this arrangement
- Fund or otherwise financially support their mentee’s project
- Necessarily be an expert in the mentee’s exact same field. Mentees are expected to bring specialist knowledge for their respective fields.
- Necessarily support their mentee after the end of the Programme
Feel like it is something for you?
Thanks a lot for everything! I cannot explain you how excited I am that I got to know the Capacity Team. The kindness, support and all the encouragement you give means a lot to me and to all of us. It has been a life changing experience!KebedeMentee 2017
This programme has been wonderful. Special thanks to the presenters, mentors and mentees ?ZouherMentee 2017
Thank you, again dear Capacity Team, for the wonderful workshops and for presenting us with such an amazing platform to learn.TashiMentee 2017
I have never worked in an environment that represents such a safe space for all, irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic or migratory status. Capacity is a space for everybody to shine."ValentinaCommunity Manager
Concrete knowledge transfer; wonderful teamIsabelArchitecture for Refugees
It was really wonderful and highly valuable! Thanks a million, to Capacity team, Mentors, Presenters and Startups!VaidaMentee 2017